What Is Supply Chain Traceability in Manufacturing?
Supply chain traceability refers to an organization’s ability to track all aspects of the manufacturing process, from the sourcing of raw materials to the distribution of the final product to the consumer. In line with traceability requirements, organizations must be able to record matters such as the origin of product components, time spent on workstations, inspection notes, and product destinations.
Following a reliable supply chain traceability system will allow an organization to monitor progress along its value chain. A company that manages its supply chain traceability system with integrity will also be fully accountable to its chain of custody, or the paper trail that ensures that its materials are authentic and that they are transferred, analyzed, and handled by the right people.
Being able to observe supply chain traceability is paramount for manufacturers who want to deliver products that meet stringent industry standards. This is especially true for industries like cosmetics, health, wellness, and home care. Now that customers have made the effort to be more sustainable and eco-friendly in their purchasing choices, they’ll want assurance that the brands that they support maintain transparency and accountability within the latter’s supply chain.
How Does Natura Aeropack Observe Supply Chain Traceability for Its Manufacturing Practices?
Aside from driving production efficiency and customer satisfaction through high-quality products, supply chain traceability also sheds light on matters such as an organization’s application of sustainable ingredients, eco-friendly production methods, and ethical labor practices.
On the part of Natura Aeropack, observing full supply chain traceability allows us to do the following for our clients and their own customers:
- Ensures better quality control. Our supply chain traceability procedures allow us to exercise control over complex supply chains at a more granular level to ensure that only the best—and safest—products enter the market.
- Allows more thorough analysis of the root cause of deficiencies. We have full access over our manufacturing data, which allows us to identify potential issues and rectify mistakes promptly, preventing large-scale product recalls.
- Supports continuous improvement. Natura Aeropack follows supply chain traceability principles to ensure the availability of valuable data that can be used to identify bottlenecks, preventing delays and informing broader efforts to optimize factory operations.
- Helps in value stream mapping. Having sufficient control over our coconut ingredient manufacturing activities allows us to identify aspects that will add value to a product, including the most sustainable manufacturing approaches and ethical sourcing practices involving our partner Filipino farmers.
- Supports cleaner, greener, and more ethical manufacturing practices. We take pride in observing a stringent supply chain traceability model because it allows our company to identify opportunities for improvement—whether this be for reducing energy and carbon consumption, keeping up with consumers’ evolving health and wellness needs, or protecting our partner brands from the risk of fraudulent manufacturing methods. In short, it is what allows our business to work with a large client base with full integrity.
From Farming to Milling: Natura Aeropack Guarantees Full Supply Chain Traceability in Its Coconut Sourcing
Natura Aeropack is a supplier of sustainably-sourced, coconut-derived ingredients for use in various retail products. From farming and milling to research and development (R&D) and logistics, the company offers full-scale manufacturing support to ensure that the finished product adheres to the highest standards of quality without negatively impacting the planet or going against consumers’ principles.
Our 26-hectare research and development (R&D) facility is also designed to minimize waste and incorporate sustainability into all aspects of product development, ensuring end-to-end visibility across factory grounds. Contact Natura Aeropack today, and let’s work together on cosmetics, hair care, home care, or wellness products that are sustainable and manufactured according to the standards of full supply chain traceability.